Got Capital is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice defines the personal information that we may collect or obtain from you and how we treat that information. For the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation- we are a data controller in respect of the information we collect/obtain about you.. the reason for which is, Got Capital as the company determines why and how your personal information is processed.
Please contact us at 0800-368-9696 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about this privacy notice or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in respect of data protection (as detailed below).
Who is collecting the data?
Got Capital company is collecting your personal and business information in order to process your application and retain your relationship with our company.
Why is the data collected?
We have no interest in general data collection. If we have your data, this means that you have applied for Business Financing on our website.
What data is being collected?
In order to provide you with our financing services, we may collect personal and financial information from the several sources:
The information you provide us through your online application, or by chat, email or phone; such as your email address, your name or business name, date of birth, business or personal address, financial information, etc. This includes any third party information such as the names of any additional owners of a company.
Information from third parties, such as credit reference agencies (Experian, Equifax) and fraud prevention agencies;
Information we may learn from the way you use and manage your account, from your transactions and from the payments made to your account with us.
We provide you with a choice of authentication where you can use your existing Amazon or Google account so that these services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address. Services such as this help us verify your identity and help you control your credentials better.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Your request and interest in obtaining Business Financing from Got Capital
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
We don’t share any of the data you provide us with any third party unless fraud is detected. All the data is used for in-house purposes only and stored in our company services.
How will the information be used?
1. Before we provide financing to you, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing
fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal data
2. The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties
will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity.
3. Details of the personal information that will be processed include, for example name, address, date of
birth, contact details, financial information, employment details, device identifiers including IP address
and vehicle details.
4. We and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your
personal data to detect, investigate, and prevent crime.
5. We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing
fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply
with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the services or
financing you have requested.
6. Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are
considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
CONSEQUENCES OF PROCESSING
7. If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may
refuse to provide the services or financing you have requested or to employ you, or we may stop providing
existing services to you.
8. A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies and
may result in others refusing to provide services, financing, or employment to you. If you have any
questions about this, please contact us on the details above.
9. Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area,
they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the
standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to
‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
10. Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our
processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request
access to your personal data.
11. For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us.
12. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which relates the
processing of personal data.
How long will the data be stored for?
The data will be stored as long as you interact with our company and until you will request to remove it.
What systems do we use to store the data?
We use the following systems that are not under our in-house control to store and maintain your data: